Austin Residential Roofing Experts
Your home is an incredibly important and valuable investment. A leaky or poorly maintained roof can cause extensive damage to your home and your furniture and can lead to the growth of dangerous mold that can put your health at risk. If you need residential roofing repair or replacement, contact the Austin roofing specialists at Kidd Roofing. We perform top quality roof installation, repair, and maintenance at reasonable prices. Call us today at (512) 671-7791 to set up an appointment.
Why You Need A Professional Roofer For Your Home Repair
Many home repair jobs can be performed by the homeowner. With some research and willingness to learn a new skill, people often prefer to save a few dollars performing repairs themselves. This is inadvisable with roofing repairs, however. Working on a roof is dangerous for anyone without experience and training. One slip could mean serious injury or worse.
A trained roofer can perform the job safely and efficiently. They know what problems to look for and the most cost-effective materials and methods to ensure that the repair is done correctly the first time. It’s important to hire a roofer that is insured and is certified by well-established manufacturers and contractor organizations. Kidd Roofing is a GAF Master Elite Roofing Contractor, and is a member of the Texas Construction Association, the U.S. Green Building Council, and the National Roofing Contractors Association. We have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
Our Residential Roofing Services
Kidd Roofing can help you home with any of the following roofing services
Fill out our form online or schedule a quote by calling (512) 671-7791.
Installing A New Roof On Your Home
Before deciding whether to replace your roof completely versus whether to repair it, there are several things to consider:
- How old is your current roof? If it’s more than 25 years old, you may want to go for a complete replacement. The roof’s lifespan will depend on the type of shingles you have. If you haven’t performed roof maintenance recently, you should at the very least have it inspected, even if it looks fine on the surface.
- Weigh the cost of repair against the cost of replacement. You should take into account the long-term cost of making smaller repairs. The cost of a new roof may be worthwhile if it will save on repairs a few years from now.
- Hire a roofing company with a long record of success in the community. Kidd Roofing has been installing residential roofs in Central Texas since 1982.
- What type of material do you want to use? Asphalt and composite shingles are popular and less costly, but metal roofs are becoming more popular, and they have a longer lifespan. Slate tiles can make for a very attractive roof, but they are more expensive than traditional shingles, and their weight may require structural support. Clay tiles are also heavy, but they are less expensive than slate.
- Consider the weather. The type of weather in your area, as well as the average temperature and the amount of sunlight and rain you receive should be a factor in the materials you use.
- Are you planning to sell your home? A new roof can give you a good return on the cost, as buyers may prefer not having to worry about replacement for years to come.
Our roofing specialists can help you answer all of these and any other roof-replacement questions. Call us at (512) 671-7791 today.
Information About Roofing Systems And Materials
Steep-slope roof systems (those with more than a 25% grade) have several components:
- Covering: What material the shingles or tiles are made of
- Underlayment: A layer underneath the shingles that keeps the roof structure dry
- Sheathing: The boards fastened to roof rafters underneath the covering
- Structure: Rafters and trusses which support the sheathing
- Flashing: Sheet metal pieces which are installed at joints to prevent water from collecting
- Drainage: The shape, slope, and layout of a roof that allows water to run off
Common Roofing Materials Used in Austin
Shingles – Asphalt shingles are incredibly popular in the U.S. They are often reinforced with a fiberglass mat and may have some level of fire resistance. Wood shingles are also very popular for their natural look but are usually less fire-resistant than asphalt.
Tiles – Clay and concrete tiles can give the roof a Spanish or Mission look. They are very heavy, so the roof structure may need to be reinforced in order to support them. Slate tiles are among the more expensive roofing materials, but they are incredibly durable.
Metal roof – This type of roof may use large panels or smaller shingle-like tiles. Metal is often lightweight, fire-resistant, and will last a long time.
Your roofing specialist can answer any questions you have about your particular roofing needs, but here are answers to a few common questions that may help.
Do You Handle Emergency Storm And Hail Repair?
Yes. We have repaired thousands of storm-damaged roofs over the years. We are a Preferred Roofing Contractor for several major insurance companies, including USAA, Kemper, and Armed Forces Insurance.
How Will I Know When My Roof Needs Repair?
It’s best to catch roof problems before they get to the stage where they cause damage to your home. You should have your roof inspected at least annually, if not twice a year. If you notice asphalt granules in your gutters or damaged shingles, these may be signs of roof damage. Indoors, if you see discoloration on the ceiling or walls, peeling wallpaper, or cracked paint, you may have a leak that needs immediate attention.
How Much Will A New Roof Cost?
The answer to this question depends on many factors, including the square footage, the materials used, and other options. Kidd Roofing offers financing through Payzer. You can calculate the financing terms for your job here.
Speak With An Austin Residential Roofing Specialist Today
Whether you have a roofing emergency, a minor leak, or a major repair job, Kidd Roofing is the best choice for your roofing needs. We have performed top-quality work in Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, and throughout central Texas for over three decades. Hire a roofer that you can trust to do an excellent job. Call us at (512) 671-7791 or fill out our service request form today to set up a consultation.