Austin Roofing Contractor Since 1982
Whether you are having a new roof installed on your home or business or you just need to repair a roof damaged by weather or wear, Kidd Roofing is the best ch oice for your roofing needs. For decades, Texas homeowners and businesses have come to Kidd Roofing as their top choice for roof repair and installation. Our dedicated team of roofing experts knows how to handle projects of all types and sizes, and we bring quality workmanship to every job we do. We are fully committed to excellence and client satisfaction.
If you’re ready to begin a roofing project, or if you have questions about the condition or maintenance of your roof, we can help. Don’t hesitate to contact our roofing professionals by calling (512) 671-7791. We’re here for all your roofing needs.
Reasons to Hire a Professional Roofer
If you’ve had weather damage or are trying to replace tiles, it’s important to hire someone who has extensive roofing experience to do the repair. Here are several reasons why you may not want to tackle the job yourself.
- Safety – An experienced roofer knows how to move around the roof safely and understands how to use tools properly so that nobody gets hurt. If you try to do the job yourself, you could fall or become severely injured.
- Quality workmanship – When you hire a roofer with the level of experience of Kidd Roofing, you know that the job will be done correctly and that the repair will last. This is what we do, and we are extremely skilled at it.
- Time – A skilled roofer can perform a repair much quicker and more efficiently than a non-professional.
- Cost – Hiring an experienced roofer ensures that the job is done right the first time so that you don’t have costly leaks or further repairs later.
There are many home projects that you can tackle yourself, but roof repair is generally not one of them. It is much safer and more cost-efficient to hire a trained and seasoned professional to do the job.
Why Choose Kidd Roofing?
For more than 30 years, Kidd Roofing has performed high-quality roofing installation and repair work in Austin, Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and other areas of Central Texas. We have won awards for contracting as well as safety, including the GAF Triple Excellence Award and Presidential Club for the last several years in a row, and the Texas Mutual Annual Safety Award. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
Common Roofing Terms
There are a number of special terms used in roofing that you may not be familiar with. Here is some of the terminology you may run into:
- Cladding: A material that covers the exterior walls of a building. May provide insulation, weather resistance, or aesthetic improvement.
- Clay tile: Clay is durable as well as fire-resistant. Like slate, it is heavy, but typically less expensive.
- Composition shingle: A type of shingle that is composed of asphalt, fiberglass, and mineral granules.
- Eave: The portion of a roof that extends beyond the exterior wall line.
- Flashing: A thin material, usually steel, used to direct water away from areas where the roof meets vertical surfaces such as walls or chimneys.
- Gable: The triangle-shaped portion of a wall that sits directly under an overhanging roof pitch.
- Joist: Parallel, horizontal beams that support a ceiling or roof.
- Shingle: A roofing element, made of various materials including wood, metal, asphalt, slate, or a composite, which overlap to cover a roof.
- Slate: A natural material used for roof shingles that is non-absorbent; one of the heavier choices of roofing shingle.
- Substrate: The surface upon which a roof is installed.
Please let us know if there are any roofing terms you don’t understand—we’re happy to explain anything so that you can make an informed decision.
Frequently Asked Questions About Roofing
If you are considering a roofing repair or replacement, you may have a lot of questions. We’re happy to answer any questions you may have about your particular situation, but here are a few common answers that may help.
When should I replace the roof on my home?
Roof replacement frequency often depends on the type of shingles you have, the local weather, as well as how regularly the roof has been maintained over the years. Composition shingles may last from 12 to 20 years, asphalt shingles 15-30 years, wood shingles 20-25 years, and metal roofs as long as 50-75 years. Maintenance is key to having a long-lasting roof. Often it is not necessary to replace an entire roof—you may only need to repair a damaged section.
What are some specific warning signs to look out for?
If you see any of the following problems, you may need to have your roof repaired:
- Evidence of leaks on your ceiling—darker spots can be signs of water damage from leaks
- Cracked drywall or peeling wallpaper
- Loss of granulation from asphalt shingles (especially if you notice granules in your gutters)
- Missing or cracked shingles
If you’re unsure whether your roof needs repair and you haven’t had it inspected recently, an inspection by an experienced roofer could save you a lot of money and stress.
How often should I have my roof inspected?
Ideally, you should have your roof inspected at least annually. This is an important component of roof maintenance, and it could help you catch problems that start small but could become much more costly later. By the time you notice a leak, a large amount of damage may have already occurred. If it’s been more than five years since you’ve had a roof inspection, it’s highly recommended that you have an experienced roofer look at it as soon as possible.
Can you help if I’m making an insurance claim for storm damage?
Absolutely! Kidd Roofing has performed thousands of insurance claim repairs, and we are a Preferred Roofing Contractor for many of the large insurance companies, including USAA, Farmer’s and Amica Insurance. Call us at (512) 671-7791 to get started.
Call the Roofing Specialists at Kidd Roofing Today
When you’re choosing a roofer, you want a company with a long history of quality and customer service excellence. Austin’s Kidd Roofing has been performing top-quality roofing work since 1982. We have won awards for excellence in contracting and safety. Call us at (512) 671-7791 or fill out our service request form today to speak with one of our roofing experts.