Many may think that the foundation of a home or building is the most important part of the structure. And while yes, it’s important and provides the basis of the stability for the structure, the roof may be even more important. The roof protects the contents of the structure and the people inside it from damage from the elements — rain, burning sun, ice, snow, and heavy winds.
When you install a roof, you want to know that it’s installed properly so that it can perform long-term, even under all types of environmental conditions. Whether you’re installing a roof on a brand new home or need repairs on the existing roof of a commercial property, the experienced Pflugerville roofing experts of Kidd Roofing are here to ensure that your roof is installed safely and correctly and that it will last for years to come.
The Roofing Systems We Install
The Pflugerville roofing professionals of Kidd Roofing have installed various types of roofing systems throughout the years. We’re skilled in using the many roofing materials on the market and have vast knowledge of the best techniques to install them and ensure their optimal performance.
Some of the roofing systems we install and repair are:
- Modified bitumen
- Green roofs
- Built-up roofs, also known as tar and gravel roofs
More About Types of Roofs
There are many types of roofing systems available, and choosing the right one for your project needs may be overwhelming. The roofing experts of Kidd Roofing are skilled in using many types of roofing materials and can help you choose the best one for your project, budget, and climate. Here’s some general information about several of the roofing systems we install.
- Shingles – Also known as asphalt shingles, this roofing system used to be the standard for roofing, especially on residential properties. Shingles come in a few different versions, including standard three-tab, dimensional or laminated shingles, and premium/luxury shingles. They’re fairly inexpensive compared to other types of roofing systems and are easy to install. They’re easy to customize, as they come in varying colors and finishes. A well-installed shingle roof can last you up to 30 years.
- Metal – This roofing system has become more popular over the years. Metal roofs are incredibly durable because they’re fire-resistant and non-absorptive, meaning they are generally immune to water intrusion, which can lead to damage. Metal roofing is more expensive than shingles because the installation requires more expertise and time. But a properly installed metal roof can last you up to 70 years and may require little maintenance over the life of the roof.
- Single-ply – This roofing system is typically used on commercial properties. There are two types of singly-ply roofing: Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO) and Ethylene Propylene Diene Terpolymer (EPDM). The intricate names just mean the rubber and plastic used to make the two single-ply membranes are manufactured differently and vary in the way they’re installed. There are different benefits to both types, but in general, single-ply roofs are durable and can last up to 40 years.
- Green roofs – This roofing system is also known as a living roof because it has living organisms on it. Green roofs require considerable expertise when it comes to installation as the roof must first be protected with a waterproof membrane, then soil and plants must be added. It’s fairly expensive upfront, but can save considerable amounts of money in energy and durability. A green roof can last double the number of years of a traditional roof.
If you have questions about your roof or would like to schedule an inspection, fill out this service request online or call Kidd Roofing at (866) 882-7051 today.
Who We Work With
We work with contractors and home builders to fulfill their roofing needs for their new construction homes. Whether they’re tract homes or custom homes, we install them all to look and function their best. We can install most types of roofing systems for new construction homes, including some of the most popular, such as shingles and metal roofs. An additional benefit of working with Kidd Roofing for home builders is that we manufacture metal roofing panels in-house, as well as chimney caps and custom vents. We’re a one-stop-shop for builders who are constructing homes and commercial properties.
We also work with homeowners looking to renovate their roofs or repair any issues they may have discovered with their roofs. We understand the complexity of roofing and always take the time to communicate with our clients about their needs. We’ll explain what it takes to accomplish their roofing goals. We offer in-house financing and competitive pricing because we believe that cost shouldn’t prevent you from making sure you have the best roof possible.
Why Choose Kidd Roofing?
The roofing professionals of Kidd Roofing have been in the business for nearly four decades. We serve the biggest cities in Texas: Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, Austin. We also serve the roofing needs for the people of Denver, CO. We specialize in many of the roofing systems on the market and install and repair roofs on both residential and commercial properties. To see some of our excellent, past residential and commercial roofing work, click here.
Over the years, we’ve acquired a wealth of knowledge on everything that has to do with roofing. Our skills in installing high-quality roofing are evidenced by our Master Elite Contractor designation by GAF, a leading shingle manufacturer known for representing high roofing-industry standards. Our roofing work has been recognized throughout the industry and has consistently earned us a ranking in the top 100 Roofing Contractors in America.
We are committed to your safety and that of our roofing crews. Every project is inspected by our Safety Manager. This focus on safety, together with our commitment to maintaining top-notch customer relations, has earned us an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
Contact Kidd Roofing Today
If you’re a builder or contractor that needs a new roof installed on a new construction property or a homeowner that needs their roof updated or repaired, then Kidd Roofing is the one-stop-shop for all of your roofing needs. We have the experience to make sure your roof is done right, and we’ll provide great customer service, so you’re pleased with every step of the process.
Call us today at (866) 671-7791 to speak with one of our Pflugerville roofing professionals about what you need to have done or submit a service request online.