The Benefits of a Metal Roof
Posted on Friday, October 1st, 2021 at 2:45 pm
The roof of a structure protects both the items and people inside it from damage from the outside elements. Because roofing is so important, there are a number of different types of roofing materials available to fit various needs. Whether you want a roofing system that matches the exterior aesthetic of the property or you want a roofing system that is energy efficient, there are several roofing materials to choose from. So it begs the question, which type of roofing should you choose?
Each roofing system may have its own strengths and weaknesses, but metal roofing may be your best bet in terms of its all-around benefits. The roofing professionals of Kidd Roofing specialize in installing and repairing metal roofs and producing high-quality work.
How Metal Roofs are Made
Metal roofs can be made of steel, aluminum, zinc, tin, seam standing metal, or copper. A metal roof starts as coiled metal (one of the aforementioned types of steel) and then is coated, depending on the type of metal. It’s uncoiled and fed into a roll-former. Then it’s cut to measure. This is a fairly simplistic view of the manufacturing process, but it differs depending on the type of metal and the exact machinery used.
Why a Metal Roof is Beneficial
Metal roofing has several benefits that may make it a better option for your roofing needs than other roofing systems.
- Metal roofing lasts longer than other roofing materials. It has a lifespan of 40-70 years, versus other roofing like asphalt shingles and single-ply roofs.
- Metal roofing is durable. It’s installed via fastening or adhesion with three commonly used techniques: exposed fasteners, concealed fasteners, and concealed adhesive. These methods make metal roofs incredibly sturdy. They’re less likely to allow for water intrusion or damage from weather like strong winds.
- Metal roofing is energy efficient. Because metal absorbs heat, it helps to keep the structure cooler in warmer months. Metal is also recyclable, so it doesn’t cause waste buildup, nor does it contain toxic chemicals.
- Metal roofing is typically more expensive than some other roofing materials. For a 2,000 square foot space, the materials alone can cost between $2,000 and $4,000. Labor may cost you upwards of $5,000 for the same size space. But the expense is a downside, right? Well, that depends on how you view it. You’re paying more for the metal roofing materials and the labor for professional installation. But a metal roof will likely last you upwards of 50 years. And because of its durability, a metal roof will likely require less maintenance than other types of roofing systems.
Other Roofing Materials
- Green roof
- Tar and gravel roof or built-up roof
- Modified bitumen
In addition to installing metal roofing, we are experts in fabricating metal cladding and metal wall panels.
Why Kidd Roofing Is Your Metal Roof Expert
The roofing specialists at Kidd Roofing are experts in constructing roofing from various materials. We’ve been doing it for nearly four decades as a family-owned and operated company. Our roofing specialists work diligently to produce high-quality roofing installations. We’re well-educated in roofing techniques and maintain our knowledge of industry standards through continuing education every year.
We are adequately insured and have been named Master Elite Contractors by GAF, a leading shingles manufacturer. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. Our high-quality work is paired with our commitment to serving our client’s communities. We’ve donated to HomeAid, Habitat for Humanity, and the Boys and Girls Clubs of America, to name just a few organizations.
Call Kidd Roofing Today
There are so many things to consider when it comes to installing a roof, and there are many roofing options available. If you need a new roof installed or repairs done to your current roof, look no further than Kidd Roofing. Our roofing specialists are skilled in residential and commercial roofing and have vast knowledge about various types of roofing systems. Call (866) 671-7791 today to speak with one of our roofing professionals about your roofing needs or submit a service request online.