Structural Movement and Roof Maintenance
When you’re looking for a new roof installation, there are a number of roofing materials to choose from. From metal to tile to asphalt shingles, you may decide on a roofing system after weighing various considerations — like durability, cost, energy efficiency, and the look of it, to name a few. No matter which type of roofing system you choose, the ultimate goal is to have a roof that’s durable and will last. Proper roof maintenance throughout the life of the roof is necessary to ensure its continued optimal performance.
Things like environmental exposure, humidity within the building, algae growth, and structural movements can cause wear and tear on even the most durable of roofs. It’s important to have your roof regularly inspected by the roofing professionals at Kidd Roofing to check for any damage. Contact us today at (866) 882-7051 or submit an online service request.
It’s normal for buildings to move. They can’t be expected to be completely still for decades and centuries while temperature and environmental changes occur. Normal wear and tear happen to buildings, including their roofs. But some structural movement, such as building settlement, contraction, and expansion, can be especially damaging.
A shaky foundation makes a building unstable. When a building’s foundation is constructed poorly, it can exacerbate the building’s movements. Excess water in the soil of the foundation can cause the soil to expand, which will cause the building to move. When the water lessens, the soil can contract, and this, again, will cause the building to move.
It’s important to have routine maintenance performed on your roof so that any damage caused by structural movement is caught and mended early. This could save you thousands of dollars in repairs or renewal if the damage were allowed to become severe.
Who We Are
The roofing experts of Kidd Roofing are a full-service shop for your roofing installation and repairs. There are over a dozen different roofing materials available to use when building a roof. Different roofing materials require different installation techniques, and only experienced roofing professionals with knowledge about each technique can properly install or repair it. We work with contractors, homeowners, builders, and property managers on both residential and commercial properties.
What We Do
We are knowledgeable about the installation and repair of many of the most widely-used roofing systems, including:
- Asphalt shingles – Traditionally the most widely-used roofs, especially for homes, asphalt shingles have the benefit of being inexpensive, easily installed, and fairly durable.
- Metal – Roofing systems made with metal have become quite popular. While they’re more expensive than shingles, they’re customizable, and they’re incredibly long-lasting. Their lifespan can reach up to 70 years.
- Tile – This roofing material is more expensive than both shingles and metal but is the most durable of the three. It comes in clay or concrete and can last up to 150 years due to its durability against potentially damaging environmental elements. Tile roofs are also customizable and typically come with great manufacturer warranties.
- Modified bitumen – This roofing material is typically used for buildings with low-slope roofs. These roofs are multi-layered and durable due to their resistance to damage from even the most severe weather conditions.
- Single-ply – These types of roofing systems are more commonly installed on commercial properties. Made of rubber and plastic, single-ply roofs are energy efficient, durable, and long-lasting.
- Built-up – This roofing system, also known as a tar and gravel roof, is made of either asphalt or tar. It’s typically used on commercial properties and can last up to 25 years.
- Green – These are also known as living roofs because they contain soil and vegetation on top of a waterproof membrane. Green roofs are environmentally friendly and are energy-efficient. They are, however, one of the more expensive roofing systems. But you can save money on the back end because of the reduced likelihood of damage to the roofing underneath the vegetation, less maintenance, and more energy savings.
Our team of installers and craftsmen is also efficient, partly due to the fact that we do wall cladding and fabricate metal wall panels in our own metal facilities. We also make custom vents and chimney caps, as well.
Why You Should Choose Us
Since 1982, we’ve earned our spot as a top roofing company. Over the past several decades, we grew our company to serve clients throughout Texas in San Antonio, Austin, Houston, and Dallas, and we’ve expanded to Denver, CO.The Kidd Roofing name has become synonymous with high-quality work and craftsmanship.
All of our roofing professionals are well-trained and certified in roofing. We’ve received the Elite Master Contractor certification from GAF, a top shingle manufacturer, which is a certification granted to less than five percent of all roofing professionals. This means we meet and/or exceed several industry standards. We’re fully insured, have a track record of high-quality workmanship, and all of our roofing employees receive annual continuing education to maintain their knowledge of the best roofing practices.
The proof is in the pudding. You can see some of our residential and commercial work here.
We are members of the Home Builders Associations of San Antonio, TX, Houston, TX, Dallas, TX, Austin, TX, and Denver, CO. We’re also members of the National Roofing Contractors Association and Custom Builders USA.
We’ve received the President’s Club Award by GAF and the Texas Annual Safety Award. Our commitment to providing top-notch service has earned us an A+ rating with Better Business Bureau.
We’ve also served our communities through Kidd Cares. We’ve donated money, time, and our professional services to Habitat for Humanity and the Boys and Girls Club of America.
Call Us Today
Inclement weather can cause damage to your roof. Damage that the untrained eye can’t see could be brewing without you knowing. Having routine maintenance performed on your roof can save you money and stress.
The roofing experts of Kidd Roofing can help you maintain your roof with thorough inspections and high-quality repairs if needed. Contact us today at (866) 882-7051 to speak with one of our roofing specialists or submit a service request for an inspection online.