If it’s time to repair your gutters or install new ones, you should hire a reliable and experienced professional from Kidd Roofing. We have the knowledge, skills, and resources to handle any job, big or small. We understand the importance of having a sturdy and dependable gutter that will get the job done. Our team will work hard to meet your needs and provide the personalized service you deserve.
Many houses and buildings need gutters to direct water away from the structure, to protect against erosion and damage to your foundation. Kidd Roofing in Austin is the best choice for gutter installation and repair in the Central Texas region. We have been in business for over 30 years, and we provide top-quality exterior service and installation to homes and businesses all over the state.
Whether you need a seamless gutter system for your residence, or a hand fabricated specialty gutter system for your commercial building or residence, we have the materials and expertise needed to meet all your gutter needs. Call our reliable, friendly gutter professionals today at (512) 671-7791 to learn about your options. We’re happy to answer all your questions.
Why You Need Gutters on Your Home or Business
Even if you don’t get heavy rainfall, the smallest amount of water can add up over time. As excess water builds up, it runs off the roof and onto the ground below. If there isn’t a gutter, all that water will end up in the same place on your property. Eventually, flooding can occur and cause problems not only for your home but also for your exterior structures. The lawn or garden you worked so hard to cultivate could be ruined by the water runoff.
Gutters provide a channel that directs water falling onto the roof down the structure and away from the immediate area. If gutters are not present, water can erode the ground around the building and seep into the basement, causing it to flood, or can cause the foundation to settle, causing structural problems and cracking walls and chimneys.
Standing water around your building can allow mosquitoes to breed, and water that enters the foundation or basement can encourage mold growth. Some localities require gutters for a home or business to meet building codes.
Gutters and Related Services That We Provide
Kidd Roofing can provide many solutions for your gutter and rainwater needs, including:
- Leaf screens – Keeps leaves and debris out of the gutter for easy clean-up.
- Rain chains – A functional yet beautiful option for guiding the rainwater to the ground, so it doesn’t collect on the roof.
- Rain barrels and accessories – Runoff from the gutter system collects in a container that’s attached to a downspout. A hose connector or another device can drain this water to use on plants, flowers, and other landscaping around the property.
- Gutter cleaning – It’s not enough to have a gutter. Routine maintenance is necessary to prevent debris buildup and avoid additional weight the gutter can’t withstand.
- Gutter repair – Cracks, clogging, and other damage require repairs to keep the gutter fully functional. Failing to fix any problem areas promptly could result in an ineffective system.
We have the capability to fabricate custom gutter systems in-house for more specialized needs.
Why You Should Hire Us for Your Gutter Work
Cleaning gutters is something that a handy homeowner or business owner could do themselves if the job is relatively simple, but complex jobs are best left to a professional. Gutter installation and repair should always be performed by a qualified and experienced technician. There is a risk of injury when working at the roof level. Besides safety concerns, poorly installed gutters can allow water to collect in your foundation, damaging the structure of the home or building.
Kidd Roofing has been serving homeowners and businesses in Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, and other cities in Central Texas since 1982. We have a long history of success and quality in roofing and exterior work, and we have extensive experience with gutter fabrication, installation, and repair. We are licensed and insured, and we have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
Kidd Roofing is highly sought after for exterior contracting, and we hold certifications as a GAF Master Elite Roofing Contractor and a GAF Community Contractor. We have an entire division devoted to gutter services, ready to meet your needs. We can provide seamless aluminum, copper, and galvalume gutter systems for residential applications, as well as custom gutter systems for both home and commercial solutions. You can discuss your needs and various options for your building with our gutter experts.
Here are a few gutter-related terms you may run into:
- Downspout – This is the tube that extends from the gutter down to the ground, away from the foundation.
- Half-round – These gutters have a semicircular trough. Often seen on older homes, half-round gutters are less likely to corrode and allow water-borne debris to flow smoothly.
- K-Style – Flat-bottomed k-style gutters are the most commonly seen on homes in the U.S. They usually hold more water than half-round types, and are stronger, though they can be harder to clean.
- Sectional – Many homes have gutters that fit together as sections, which allows for easier installation and customization. However, they can develop problems such as leaks or sagging due to poor installation or maintenance, however.
- Seamless – Much more reliable than sectional gutters, each length of a seamless gutter is made of one solid piece. They are custom-fit to the home or building, and have no room for leaks to develop. They must be professionally installed, but may save money in repair and maintenance costs.
Our gutter specialists can explain anything about our gutter options, as well as our installation or repair process.
Does My Gutter Need to Be Replaced or Repaired?
Deciding whether you need to replace your gutter or get a simple repair can be confusing. Many people aren’t equipped to evaluate the state of their systems or to determine how to address the issues they’re facing. At Kidd Roofing, we know how to choose the right solutions to resolve your problems.
A repair could get the job done if:
- The damage is only in a tiny area. It’s easy to replace sections of a gutter without removing the entire system and installing a new one.
- Minor cracks or holes are causing issues. If the rest of the gutter appears to function correctly and doesn’t cause other problems, sealing holes and cracks could remedy the situation.
- Some hangers have loosened. Hangers require screws to keep them in place, but they can become loose over time. An easy fix is to realign them and use new screws to keep them firmly in place.
A gutter replacement might be necessary if:
- There are problem spots covering all or most of the gutter. If corrosion, cracks, holes, and other damage exist, it makes more sense to replace the entire system instead of repairing everything.
- Gaps formed between each section. The different sections of the gutter might not have bonded correctly or may have separated due to excess debris or heavy rainfall. Replacing the section wouldn’t be a good idea in this situation because gaps might form again.
- Water leaks into the basement. Downspouts should release water gradually to avoid flooding the ground. A flooded basement or lawn could indicate a failed vent or water flowing to the wrong parts of the yard.
Kidd Roofing can help you determine the better option when it comes to your gutter.
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutters
Here are a few answers to common questions about gutters for homes and businesses. The gutter specialists from Kidd Roofing are an excellent source for any questions you have about your own project.
What can I do to prevent my gutters from becoming clogged?
Clogged gutters are a common problem faced by many homeowners. One way to prevent leaves and branches from becoming trapped in your gutters is to install leaf screens. Mesh or screen guards that sit on top of the gutters keep leaves and other debris out, but allow water to flow freely down the channels. You can also take other actions, such as regularly trimming overhanging trees and checking your gutters periodically to ensure they are clear to prevent clogging.
How often do I need to clean my gutters?
If you don’t have some sort of leaf screen or gutter guard installed, it’s recommended that you clean your gutters at least twice a year and after a storm. You should do it more often if there are many trees with overhanging branches. Kidd Roofing provides gutter-cleaning services, and we can install screens for you to cut down on your gutter maintenance.
What is the best gutter material?
Aluminum is one of the most popular choices. Aluminum gutters will last for decades and come in various colors, and they have a relatively low cost. Copper lasts longer, but it is much more expensive. Galvanized steel can hold up to harsh weather conditions but requires maintenance and can rust over time. Vinyl is a very inexpensive option.
Speak With an Austin Gutter Specialist Today
If you need new gutters installed on your property, you want to install leaf screens, or your gutters just need repair or cleaning, Kidd Roofing can do the job quickly and at an extremely competitive price. We’ve been around since 1982, and our gutter specialists are highly trained and perform excellent work. We have an entire division of the company devoted solely to gutter installation and repair. Call us at (512) 671-7791 or fill out our service request form today for help with your gutter needs.
Our Services Include
- Seamless aluminum, galvalume and copper gutter systems for residential applications
- Hand fabricated, specialty gutter systems for commercial and residential applications
Custom Gutter Installations
Our in-house facility can fabricate custom profiles, in up to 20 foot lengths, to minimize the number of seams needed on custom installations.
- Gutter repair
- Leaf screens
- Rain chains
- Rain barrels and accessories
- Gutter cleaning
Get in Touch With Kidd Gutters
Contact our trained professionals today for prompt and reliable service for all your gutter needs in Central Texas. Fill out our form on the side of this page to request service or call (512) 671-7791 to speak with a gutter expert at Kidd Gutters.
Request Gutter Service